The RBC Avion Platinum Visa credit card has an awesome promotion right now that I normally only see with the RBC Avion Infinite Visa credit card. This promotion is great because it’s accessible to a lot of people since the annual income requirement is relatively low ($15,000). Because of this rare promotion, I will recommend this credit card to friends and family.
VIDEO – RBC Avion Platinum Credit Card Review
RBC Avion Platinum
The RBC Avion Platinum credit card has a promotion ending on July 26, 2021, where you can earn 35,000 Avion points after being approved for the card. This credit card has an annual fee of $120.
- Earn 1 RBC Reward points for every dollar spent on all purchases
- $500,000 common carrier travel accident insurance
- $500 flight delay insurance
- $1,000 trip cancellation insurance
- $500 baggage delay insurance
- $2,500 trip interruption insurance
- $500 lost or stolen baggage insurance
- $2,500 hotel / motel burglary insurance
- $65,000 auto rental loss insurance
- 90 days purchase protection
- 1 year extended warranty
- British Airways Avios is a transfer partner at a 1:1 ratio (30-50% more points during promotional periods)
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles is a transfer partner at a 1:1 ratio (10-20% more points during promotional periods)
- WestJet is a transfer partner at a 1:1 ratio
- American Airlines AAdvantage is a transfer partner at a 1:0.7 ratio
My opinion of this credit card
This credit card promotion is great because of the huge sign-up bonus. 35,000 Avion points is not typically offered for the Platinum card. Since you will get the points upon card approval, you don’t need to jump through hoops to hit the minimum spend requirements.
This card has tons of great transfer partners as well. My favourite ones on the list are British Airways Avios and Cathay Pacific Asia Miles. Both programs offer more points bonus during promotional periods.
This makes the value of this credit card to be good despite the $120 annual fee.
RBC tends to be stingy when it comes to approving people for the Avion credit cards. In my experience, it’s easier to do RBC credit card product switch to them than applying for it directly. However, to get this amazing 35,000 points, you need to apply directly. So I hope those that want this card can get it before the promotion ends on July 26, 2021.