To tell you the truth, Jennifer Williams did not travel around the world for 1 year and 3 months. She also travelled for 10 months around the world on top of her 15 months journey. You can say, she has now done a 25 months around the world trip! If travelling around the world long term is something you’ve always wanted to do, check out Jennifer Williams’ talk on this upcoming meetup to learn more how you can also do it.
Jennifer Williams bio and talk description
Travel has been a big part of my life that has been scattered throughout 10 years of my adult life with working on cruise ships, living in Europe and Asia, and then long term solo travel. I have travelled to 81 countries and islands so far, but the list keeps growing and the travel bug keeps coming back. The last few years has had me travelling long term and more purposeful. My first long term trip I was away for 15 months and my most recent, a year later, was 10 months long. My passion for travel has lead me to now starting my own business, Launch Your Travels, where I teach people aged 50 and beyond how to plan and execute their own international trips.
In my presentation, I will be speaking about my first long-term trip, at the age of 38, after a very long hiatus of travel.
I will cover:
- My route.
- How I eased my way back into travel.
- How I paid for it.
- Why I chose this type of travel.
- And share the good and bad travel tales that ensued (took place) on this journey.
I want to show you:
- How and why you should push through the fears you have around travelling.
- How letting go of control can make for a more freeing adventure.
- And how to deal with culture shock both when arriving in a new place as well as when you come home after a long period.
Please RSVP if you plan on attending. Seats are limited! Doors closed by 11:15am to avoid interrupting the speaker. See you all there!