In the final Travel and Live Free meetup of 2016 (may or may not resume in late 2017), Karen and myself will be doing a joint presentation on how to pre-trip preparation for long term travel around the world.
I will be traveling for one year while Karen will be going on her first ever long term backpacking trip.
In this presentation, you will learn:
• How many frequent flyer miles you need to travel hack your way around the world
• How much money to save
• How to pack and what to pack when you travel
• What shots to get, where to get them, and how much they cost
• Phone plan while traveling overseas
• Pre-trip obstacles
• Getting rid of belongings before traveling
• Where to store your remaining stuff while you travel
• Changing address before travel
• Doing your taxes while on the road
• Our plan on how to stay employed after we finish traveling (eliminating the risk of unemployment upon return)
• Dealing with long distance relationship
• Preventing theft and scam while traveling
• Strategy when traveling between countries
Kendrick and Karen’s general itinerary is as follows:
September 13-30 – Israel, Jordan, Egypt
October 1-31 – Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Namibia and maybe Botswana
November 1-16 – Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Hong Kong
Karen goes back to Canada for work on November 16.
November 17-December 16 – Various undecided countries in Asia and Oceania (possibly Palau, Papa New Guinea, Timor-Leste, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Micronesia, Northern Australia)
December 16-January 2 – Philippines
January 3-Early mid March – Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, India, Myanmar, Laos, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, New Zealand
Karen returns for 6 weeks.
Early mid March – late mid March – Puerto Rico, Caribbean Cruise
Late mid March – mid June – South and Central America
Karen returns for 1 month to join me as we travel to Greece, Italy, Croatia, Switzerland and, Lichtenstein.
Mid June – Mid September – Europe
Then back to Canada.
If you’re planning on going on a long term trip around the world, come join us as we present in real time on what to expect.
Make sure to RSVP if you plan on attending. See you there!