Steven Zussino’s Free Travel Hacking eBook
His eBook has four sections to help you save tons of money when you travel the world.
Section 1: Air
In this section, he covers the following frequent flyer companies:
- Alaska Airlines
- British Airways Avios
- Starwood Preferred Guest
- West Jet Dollars
The section he wrote on air is very comprehensive. You will learn strategies how to earn points through grocery shopping, renovating your house, etc. He’ll also teach you how to manage your frequent flyer points and protect your points from expiring.
Section 2: Accommodation
In this section, Steven Zussino will give provide you general travel hacking strategies on the following companies:
- Choice hotels
- Air bnb
- House Sitting
The accommodations section of Steven’s eBook is a good starting guide to travel hacking accommodations. Use this section to get you started on which hotel groups you want to start earning status and earn points. His guide on how to use Priceline and Hotwire is also comprehensive and I definitely recommend you use it as a reference guide the next time you book through these websites.
Section 3: Transportation
In this section, Steven covers car rentals. He’ll teach you how to:
- Use Priceline to rent cars
- Use autoslash.com
- Land free upgrades
- Get discounts when renting cars
- Save money on insurance
I’m not an expert on car rentals and definitely found this section useful. Use this section as a reference before renting any cars in the future.
Section 4: Cruises
In this section, Steven covers how to save money on cruise ships. Here are some areas he’ll cover:
- Saving money on repositioning cruises
- Saving money on advanced bookings
- Saving money on late bookings
- Saving money by joining a cruise club
- Saving money by price matching
He’ll also provide you strategies on how to cruise for free by being a lecturer.
Finally, Steven will also cover how to save money on excursions.
After reading this chapter, I never knew that you can get bonuses in the cruise by being a shareholder! This was my biggest takeaway from reading this section.
Travel Hacking eBook Review
Steven wrote this eBook back in 2014. Some of the information he wrote is no longer valid because of changes in the travel community. Knowing this, Steven plans on updating his ebook to a 2016 version.
Here are some pro and cons of his ebook:
- Very comprehensive, especially the section on air. His guide on Priceline and Hotwire was especially excellent.
- His guide on cruise ships is pretty good and I learned tons of information.
- His guide on how to use the Aeroplan estore is great! I learned how to double dip on points and how to take advantage of gift cards.
- His guide on transportation is fairly good. I will definitely re-read it again before I rent any cars.
- He made great use of screenshots to enhance his guide!
- The values and some information on the ebook are outdated and needs updating.
- The chapter on accommodations could be better enhanced if he provided us information on how to obtain status from major hotel groups.
Overall, the ebook is an excellent reference for anyone new to travel hacking. What I’d like to see in the future would be an updated guide on how to get airline status. Steven said he will start working on updating the ebook and could possibly release the revised version as early as May 2016.