Travel the World for One Year Update – February 28, 2016.
Hi everyone, it’s been awhile since my last update. I’ve been really busy trying to hustle and save money for my big one year trip.
Looks like my departure date will be on September 14, 2016. The first country I plan on visiting will be Jordan followed by Israel and Turkey.
Here are some quick stats for the month of February:
- 420,000 Aeroplan Points saved up to fly between countries.
- 50,000 Alaska Airlines Points – I’m hoping to get 50,000 more points before I leave so that I can fly on Emirates First Class.
- 66,000 SPG Points – Roughly 15-16 free nights at a Category 1 or 2 hotel.
- 50,000 Marriott Hotel Points – Roughly 6 free nights at a Category 1 or 2 hotel.
- $5,000 saved up for my big one year trip – $11,000 to go.
Here are some hotel status’ I have achieved:
- Marriott Hotel temporary Gold Status – I need four more stays to meet the requirements for the Taste of Gold promotion and keep the status until January 2018.
- Hilton Hotel Silver Status.
- Best Western Platinum Status.
I’m also in the process of building up ways to earn location independent income. Ideally, I’d like to be able to sustain a location independent income lifestyle. I am currently aiming to have all my online business’ launched by July 2016.
My goal is to start some kind of membership website. I just launched a Canadian Travel Planning service which can you see right here. I will also be launching a digital video product on traveling the world for one year, stay tuned for that.
I plan on touring as many Canadian cities that my budget allows and give free seminars on long term travel and travel hacking. If you want me to visit your city, please feel free to send in a request. I’ll also need help organizing the event. If you’d like to volunteer to help me with setting up and organizing the free seminars, I will do what I can to teach you as much as I can in regards to Travel Hacking.
I may also head over to Singapore this year or early next year to do a talk on long term travel.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, feel free to reply to this post or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Until next time!