I realize that I have a tendency to tunnel vision on just one goal at a time.
My three biggest goals before leaving for my one year trip around the world are the following:
- Have $15,000 in my savings
- Have 300,000 Aeroplan points to cover my flights
- Earn $1,000 per month from freelancing and online business
I just recently completed obtaining 300,000 Aeroplan points. While I was busy collecting points, I had a hard time working on the other two goals. I’ve now started working on goal #1 which is to have $15,000 in my savings. I am achieving that goal by picking up/working lots of shifts at the Community Centre’s. Because I am working so much and often feel tired, I have not gotten a chance to really focus on goal #3 which is to earn $1,000 per month from working online.
Realizing that having the ability to earn a minimum of $1000 a month from working online will really help me when I start traveling. My goal right now is to free up some time during the week so I can really focus on working on goal #3 as I chip along the goal of having $15,000 saved up. Goal #1 and #3 goes hand in hand because if I start earning money online from both freelancing and having an online business, then I can reach goal #1 quicker. It just makes a lot of sense to start making actual progress towards goal #3.
My other goal is to get more time to rest. I often feel tired and fatigued from overworking. I will start finding out ways I can squeeze time to get power naps and relaxation time. More rest means more energy. More energy means faster progress towards completing goal #3.
It’s going to be tough but I am determined to make those three biggest goals happen.
Other side goals that I need to work on as well before the year ends would be:
- Get lots of references on couch surfing (thanks Felicia from the meetup group!)
- Make my first $500 from freelancing/online business by December 2015
- Publish a monthly newsletter for this blog
The lesson learned so far from planning my one year travel are the following:
- Tunnel visioning on a goal is not bad as long as I get quality work done
- Take tons of time to rest because being fatigued doesn’t help with getting quality work done
- Get help because I can’t do everything myself
Thanks for reading, until next time!